In addition to serving yummy, salty, lemony corn chips, Chipolte is now serving up short stories too!
Meaningful writing,is one of the highest forms of art – fiction, non-fiction essays, poems, etc… This Mexican food outlet is now bridging the gap between art and food in a very interesting way. They have melded the idea of art as a written word, and food, into goods packaging.
Chipotle Launches “Cultivating Thought” Author Series on Cups and Bags
According to Chipotle’s press release, they have launched a new series of packaging that highlights “original essays written by influential thought-leaders, authors, actors and comedians on its restaurant packaging. Created in partnership with New York Times best-selling author Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Eating Animals, Everything is Illuminated), who curated the series, these stories are meant to entertain customers while exposing them to some of the most creative and influential people of our time.”
Contributors to the “Cultivating Thought” author series include:
- Judd Apatow – Golden Globe nominated writer/director/producer, This is 40, Bridesmaids, Girls
- New York Times bestselling author, journalist and speaker, The Tipping Point, Outliers, Blink
- Bill Hader – Emmy-winning comedian/actor/producer, Saturday Night Live, South Park
- Michael Lewis – New York Times bestselling author and journalist, Flash Boys, The Blind Side, Moneyball
- Toni Morrison – Pulitzer and Nobel Prize winning author, Beloved
- Steve Pinker – award-winning experimental psychologist, renowned writer on language, mind and human nature
- Sarah Silverman – Emmy-winning actress/comedian, The Sarah Silverman Program, Saturday Night Live, School of Rock
As an industry photographer, it’s definitely a new take on the idea to move from self promotion to one that entertains the customers thoughtfully. I look forward to reading my own “two minute” essays and creating a “small pocket of thoughtfulness in my day (Foer)”.