When you think of chocolate, the rich treat that jumpstarts your salivary glands, it’s often visualized something like this:
© Caren Alpert Photography
However, what if you could actually trick your senses and experience chocolate like this:
Well, brace yourself…the technology has arrived. Let your thighs thank you forever!
You see, the smarty-pants at Molecule-R have created this Aroma R-evolution kit that banks on the science that the flavors we savor are never just about taste. While our taste buds allow us to distinguish flavors like sweet and salty, our sense of smell is what allows us to savor fine wines, delicately seasoned broths and complex curries. Thus, pairing our eating utensil, which brings the food to our taste buds, with an aroma, allows us to double our eating experience.
List of the aromas included:
- 3 "Beans" aromas - chocolate, coffee, and vanilla
- 4 "Fruits" aromas - banana, lychee, passion fruit and strawberry
- 3 "Herbs" aromas - basil, cilantro and mint
- 3 "Nuts" aromas - almond, coconut and peanut
- 4 "Spices" aromas - black pepper, cinnamon, ginger and wasabi
- 4 "Umami" aromas - butter, olive oil, smoke and truffle
If you are interested in playing this aromatic food game at your next dinner party, you can buy one of these kits for $60.
Meanwhile, this chocoholic isn’t quite ready to give up the real deal. 70% dark, here I come! J